LEAN is not just a word at 3D Medical, it is how we manufacture everyday in all aspects possible within our facilities on every component and assembly we produce.
Some examples of our LEAN practices include:
- 5S at the manufacturing work stations including shadow boards.
- Line clearance throughout the entire facility to reduce delivery errors
- Manufacturing cells for high volume product
- Robotic loaders, when able, to improve efficiency and load error reduction (Poka Yoke)
- Tool kitting and gage kitting to reduce setup time (SMED)
3D’s operation is vertically integrated, hence, reducing delivery time by eliminating the need to send product out of the facility. The end result is the reduction in (Takt Time). These internal processes include, but are not limited to:
- Precision CNC Swiss turning
- 5 axis Milling
- CNC Grinding
- EDM Wire
- Gun drilling
- Laser Welding / Etching
- Bead Blasting
- Automated Aqueous Cleaning
- Nitric / Citric Passivation
- Mechanical / Electro-Mechanical Assembly and Testing
- Gage Calibration
- CMM Inspection
- Class 10K Clean room and Environmentally Controlled Assembly Areas
Lastly, all 3D Medical Manufacting’s equipment and special processes are validated to reduce inspection times and eliminate waste (Muda).